As Farmingdale State College celebrates its 100th anniversary, it continues to prepare students with the education, skills and critical thinking needed to meet the challenges of tomorrow. As the largest of SUNY’s colleges of technology (with over 7,600 students), Farmingdale equips students with the resources and knowledge sought by today’s emerging industries. At Farmingdale, students also have abundant opportunities in experiential learning—internships, clinical training and guided research—that provide practical instruction and personal growth. Small, personalized classes, a residence hall with suite-style living, a lush 380-acre campus undergoing major renovation, and a highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program with modern facilities make Farmingdale State College one of the fastest-growing colleges in the region.
Visit Farmingdale State College anniversary website at www.farmingdale.edu/100/
Farmingdale State College, a campus of the State University of New York, is a public comprehensive college of applied science and technology. At Farmingdale, students, faculty and staff form a community committed to diversity and excellence in learning, scholarship, research and service to society. The educational experience at the college provides students with a foundation of knowledge and skills so that they may be imaginative, critical thinkers and successful problem solvers, who are motivated by a spirit of inquiry and recognized for innovative achievement throughout the region, state and nation. Offered by outstanding scholar-teachers and professional staff members, a Farmingdale State College education, embracing ethics, culture and aesthetics, empowers graduates to be exemplary citizens, scholars, professionals and leaders in an increasingly diverse and interdependent world.In fulfilling its mission, the college shall:
- Provide students with a broad academic foundation, which includes an appreciation of culture, ethics, aesthetics, citizenship, cultural diversity, and the interrelationships among the applied arts and sciences, technologies and society;
- Offer affordable programs to academically qualified students which support their educational aspirations, meet the needs of regional employers, and promote the economic, social and cultural development of the region;
- Provide a stimulating environment that results in student learning;
- Promote scholarship and research that addresses the Mission of the College, benefits the larger society and enhances teaching and student learning;
- Enhance student activities and services beyond the classroom in order to support and enrich learning and promote career, social and personal development for diverse student populations;
- Provide a physical environment that supports and enriches teaching, learning, scholarship and research;
- Foster an open and transparent campus environment in order to maintain the integrity of the Mission of the College;
- Seek and provide ample resources to support the Mission of the College; and
- Encourage students to aspire to be exemplary citizens, scholars, professionals and leaders in society.
President's Quote:“Farmingdale State College is one of SUNY’s greatest success stories, and we are so proud to celebrate with them on their 100th anniversary. The college has progressed parallel with its community and has emerged as a beacon of innovation for all of Long Island. We can only hope their great achievements continue for 100 more years to come.” - Nancy L. Zimpher, Chancellor, State University of New Yorktop
- Founded in 1912, Farmingdale State College (FSC) graduated its first class of 30 students in 1919.
- FSC has three 9/11 memorials.
- FSC has an indoor golf simulator and an outdoor driving range.
- FSC may be the only college campus with a MADD garden.
- Astronaut Frank Caldiero
- Businessman and entrepreneur Robert Ench
- Businessman and TV personality Sal Ferro
- Actor William Fichtner