Symposium for Provosts: Higher Education, Technology, and Digital Equity
Learn about the intersection of tech and higher ed with speakers from Apple and university partners.
Attend an executive briefing to learn more about the intersections of technology and higher education.
Join AASCU for a symposium held at the corporate headquarters of Apple, Inc. in Cupertino, California. The program will feature speakers from Apple and university partners.
Who should participate?
- Provosts and chief academic officers at AASCU institutions
How will you benefit?
- Explore creativity as a career readiness skill
- Receive briefings on trends and technology in the future of teaching and learning
- Define digital equity and understand its connection to affordability
- Discuss impacts of state policy on student success
Schedule at a glance
|Monday, March 6|
|4 p.m. PT||Opening Reception and Tour|
|Tuesday, March 7|
|8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. PT||Programming|
|5:30–7:30 p.m. PT||Closing Reception|
- Registration is open to provosts from AASCU member institutions only.
- Capacity is limited to 32 participants.
- There is no registration fee for this symposium.
- Provosts are responsible for their travel and accommodations.
AASCU is committed to the health, safety and well-being of all attendees at our gatherings. We follow all local rules and CDC guidance and closely monitor conditions related to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies. Attendees at all AASCU events agree to adhere to the following health and safety protocols.
Before leaving home
- AASCU strongly encourages all participants to be fully vaccinated. The CDC Vaccines website provides definitions of “Fully Vaccinated” and “Up To Date”.
- Stay home if you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. We recommend attendees wear masks while traveling to and from the event and follow COVID-19 safety practices in the days leading up to the event.
- We strongly encourage attendees to take a rapid antigen COVID-19 test before traveling and before arriving to AASCU convenings.
Onsite during the event
- Masks are recommended and will be available at the registration desk.
- If you are experiencing cold or COVID-19 symptoms please be respectful and wear a mask.
- Self-administered COVID-19 rapid antigen tests will be available at the registration desk. We encourage participants test themselves upon arrival before joining the conference.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you feel unwell, develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 at any time during the convening, seek medical care and do not attend the meals or gatherings.
- If you test positive during the conference, please notify AASCU staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
AASCU reserves the right to modify these policies and procedures at any time given the rapidly changing nature of any current and ongoing public health emergencies.
All meetings and conferences sponsored by AASCU are inclusive and accessible to all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. Please request accessibility services when you register and contact us if you need auxiliary aids or services.Request services.
By participating in an AASCU conference, you are automatically authorizing AASCU to use your name, photograph, voice, or another likeness for purposes related to the mission of AASCU, including but not limited to publicity, marketing, websites, social media vehicles, and any other AASCU-related electronic forms or media for the promotion of AASCU and its various programs.