AASCU supports our member institutions as they prepare students to thrive in our increasingly interconnected world.
Collaborating with partner institutions, associations, and organizations worldwide, we strive to accelerate institutional globalization as an integral dimension of our members’ missions and strategic plans. We expand our members’ efforts to:
- Evaluate institutional capacity to achieve comprehensive globalization
- Identify opportunities to build and expand global program offerings through sustainable institutional partnerships
- Explore connections with institutions, associations, and organizations around the world that share their commitment to global education through visits to non-traditional international sites
We facilitate partnerships that prepare campus leaders, faculty, and students for the interconnectedness of their local and global communities.
By developing global experiences for campus leaders, faculty, and students, AASCU members are transforming the definition of student success.
Troy University – Alabama’s International University
The physical presence of 200 permanently exhibited Terracotta Warriors in the Janice Hawkins Cultural Arts Park on campus is proof of Troy University’s campus and cultural transformation.
- Sino-US CHEPD 1+2+1 Program
Founding member of the Sino-US CHEPD 1+2+1 Program
Chinese students participating in the program since 2001
Funds acquired by campus through participation into program
“UMES recently collaborated with AASCU to conduct a review of our ongoing efforts to internationalize our campus. They did a great job engaging our campus community during the onsite visit and prepared a very thorough report. We found their recommendations regarding curricular and co-curricular activities, recruitment initiatives, and study abroad to be very helpful. These suggestions will be included in our strategic plan.”
“I deeply value and appreciate the long-term friendship and partnership with AASCU for sustaining the collaboration of the Sino-American CHEPD 1+2+1 Program. You may never know what new opportunities and adventures will come out of this unique program by working with all the participating institutions. I am always excited when I hear the successful stories of the students and witness their wonderful performance and achievements.”
“I was fortunate to assist AASCU’s delegation to Cuba in 2016 & 2018. I worked with member institutions to develop institutional partnerships and facilitate faculty-led programs. I recall the enthusiasm of AASCU’s leadership and delegates when we met in Havana. I fondly recall learning about the various institutional goals over daily meals, and collaboratively devising ways to best approach them. The connections made with member institutions from SUNY and CUNY, have shaped how we focus on access, which is a mission also held by Cuban universities.”
“I visited AASCU as part of a mission organized by the U.S. Embassy in Argentina. A group of eight internationalization managers from Argentinian universities traveled to the U.S. to meet leaders related to higher education, to strengthen institutional links and develop joint activities. We have since developed two programs sponsored by the U.S. Embassy in Argentina. AASCU has been the perfect ally in finding suitable partners and academics to get involved in all these initiatives.”
Latest Global Initiatives News
February 15, 2023Read more.
Register for our next event.
- AASCU Washington Policy Update – February 2024
Feb. 28, 2024
- Practicing Democracy – March
Mar. 4-22, 2024
Online Workshops & Summits
- All-ADP Meeting: The Dirty Words in Democracy: Linguistic Trends, Complications, and Solutions in Democracy-Building on Campuses
Mar. 8, 2024
- Symposium for Presidents and Provosts: Understanding the Moment
Mar. 21, 2024
New York, NY
- Practicing Democracy – April
Apr. 5-26, 2024
Online Workshops & Summits
- 2024 GRC Virtual Funding Summit
Apr. 9-11, 2024
- All-ADP Meeting: Caring for the Earth: Building Coalitions to Advance Sustainability on Campuses
Apr. 12, 2024
- Charting Our Future: Preparing for the Next Ten Years of Student Success
Apr. 17-18, 2024
- 2024 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Meeting
Jun. 5-7, 2024
- AASCU 2024 Summer Meeting for Academic and Student Affairs Leaders
Jul. 16-19, 2024
ConferenceSave the date.
Meet our non-profit Partners.
AASCU enjoys numerous partnerships with institutions, organizations, and associations with a shared commitment to helping students develop a globally conscious ethic.
Contact us to learn how we can advance your institution’s goals for preparing global citizens.
"*" indicates required fields