Communities & Convening
We create opportunities for presidents, chancellors, and senior campus leaders of state colleges and universities to connect, engage and learn from their peers. By exchanging promising practices and insights and supporting one another our members strengthen the AASCU network and higher education.Contact us.
Explore upcoming member engagement opportunities.
Share ideas and strengthen your network by serving on an AASCU Standing Committee.
Presidents and chancellors are invited to serve on one or more of our Standing Committees to help advance higher education issues at the national level and support AASCU and our collective work. Committees are led by a presidential chair and/or vice chair.
Take advantage of networking and learning opportunities for presidential spouses and partners.
Benefit from shared experiences through AASCU’s Affinity Groups.
Presidents and chancellors of AASCU institutions receive specialized networking and support at the annual conference and throughout the year by participating in our Affinity Groups.
Use your expertise to drive action by participating in an AASCU task force.
AASCU task forces bring together the best and brightest from around our network in service to a time-bound initiative.
“Loved the balance of speakers – from inside and outside of higher education bringing us a balanced perspective.”
“The Excellence and Innovation awards presented a great opportunity for us to celebrate and learn from one another.”
“The conference had the perfect balance of theoretical and practical learning sessions and engaging networking opportunities.”
Contact us to learn more about member engagement.
"*" indicates required fields
AASCU is committed to the health, safety and well-being of all attendees at our gatherings. We follow all local rules and CDC guidance and closely monitor conditions related to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies. Attendees at all AASCU events agree to adhere to the following health and safety protocols.
Before leaving home
- AASCU strongly encourages all participants to be fully vaccinated. The CDC Vaccines website provides definitions of “Fully Vaccinated” and “Up To Date”.
Stay home if you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. We recommend attendees wear masks while traveling to and from the event and follow COVID-19 safety practices in the days leading up to the event.
We strongly encourage attendees to take a rapid antigen COVID-19 test before traveling and before arriving to AASCU convenings.
Onsite during the event
- Masks are recommended and will be available at the registration desk.
- If you are experiencing cold or COVID-19 symptoms please be respectful and wear a mask.
- Self-administered COVID-19 rapid antigen tests will be available at the registration desk. We encourage participants test themselves upon arrival before joining the conference.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you feel unwell, develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 at any time during the convening, seek medical care and do not attend the meals or gatherings.
- If you test positive during the conference, please notify AASCU staff by emailing email@example.com.
AASCU reserves the right to modify these policies and procedures at any time given the rapidly changing nature of any current and ongoing public health emergencies.