Answering the call.
AASCU and our members play a vital role in reimagining a postsecondary education system centered on ensuring equitable value and reimagining our postsecondary system as an instrument to create a stronger and more just society together.
AASCU presidents answered the call to action issued by former AASCU Board Chair and President of the Arkansas State University System Chuck Welch to engage in a coordinated and organized effort to further the work of the 2021 Postsecondary Value Commission (PVC) report that proposed a new approach for measuring the value of education after high school. AASCU President Mildred García co-chaired the commission.
Following the call, AASCU formed the Presidential Postsecondary Value Commission Task Force. The task force is focused on the five key areas the PVC Commission outlined:
- Equalize access to increase postsecondary value
- Remove affordability as an impediment to postsecondary value
- Eliminate completion gaps and strengthen post-college outcomes to ensure postsecondary value
- Improve data to expose and address inequitable postsecondary value
- Promote social justice by providing equitable postsecondary value
Task Force Goals:
- Engage in a coordinated and organized effort to further the work of the Postsecondary Value Commission report to place a spotlight on AASCU institutions as a collective.
- Share the equity work outlined in the report that our institutions are already doing via promising practices that demonstrate value added through personal enrichment, preparation for successful careers, and contributions to society.
Share your promising practice.
Meet the Presidential Postsecondary Value Commission Task Force
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Metro State University (MN)
Northern Arizona University
Texas State University
University of Washington Bothell
California State University System
University of Houston-Victoria (TX)
Washington State University Tri-Cities
California State University, Fresno
Weber State University (UT)
Colorado State University-Pueblo
East Central University (OK)
President and CEO
Sam Houston State University (TX)
Questions about the Postsecondary Value Commission? Ask Us.
"*" indicates required fields