Policy & Advocacy
AASCU delivers America’s promise through its public policy advocacy.
We amplify members’ voices, offering legislators and advocates guidance that promotes higher education and empowers state colleges and universities to transform their communities.Contact us.
We inform policymakers to strengthen state colleges and universities.
We help key stakeholders formulate effective public policy and define legislative priorities advancing public higher education.Learn more.
Our resources provide institutions and policymakers with timely insights that inform the development of effective higher education policies.View resources.
AASCU members are shaping the nation.
Our institutions are stewards of place, creating and sustaining thriving communities as engines of upward social mobility in cities, suburbs, towns, and remote rural areas throughout the United States.
out of the 780 public four-year institutions in the United States are AASCU members.
undergraduate students – 34% of the nation’s 9.3 million – are enrolled in or at AASCU institutions.
of the 1.4 million bachelor’s degrees awarded in the United States come from AASCU members.
Elevate our Public Policy Agenda.
Our annual Public Policy Agenda promotes the collective priorities of our members before Congress and the administration, focusing on the following three pillars and their policy actions:
- Advance state and federal partnerships
- Double the maximum Pell Grant awards
- Strengthen educator preparation programs
- Infrastructure investments
- Responsible regulatory relief
- Campus Safety
- Protection and Promotion of Free Speech
- Promoting Civic Engagement, Campus Diversity
- Improve Educational Opportunities for Veterans and Service Members
- Support Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and “Dreamers”
- Promote International Education, Support Foster Care Youth Students
- Institutional Autonomy of Public Institutions
- Accreditation and Quality Assurance
- Strengthen Educator Preparation
- Promote Innovation in Higher Education
AASCU members are transforming student lives. Our advocacy amplifies their work.
Mar. 29, 2023
Apr. 19-20, 2023
Latest News & Resources
March 22, 2023Read more.
March 16, 2023Read more.
Shape our advocacy! Learn how to support state colleges and universities.
"*" indicates required fields