AASCU 2024 Annual Conference for Presidents and Chancellors
Engage with colleagues and subject matter experts for community, resources, and hope in the face of the challenges facing higher education.
Save the date to join us in Puerto Rico.
Uplifting Communities of Collaboration
Levantando Comunidades de Colaboración
Registration for this meeting will open in summer 2024.
Thought partners interested in supporting this convening, please complete the form at the end of this page.
Who should attend?
- Presidents & Chancellors
- Presidential Spouse/Partners
Benefits of participation:
- Small- and large group community building and networking via affinity group meetings, roundtable discussions, open committee meetings, and receptions and meals
- Discussion-based, solutions-oriented workshops and concurrent sessions for participants to reflect, strategize, learn, and share promising practices and gain national perspective from thought leaders
- Informative and inspiring plenary sessions meant to empower and equip future-focused leaders
- Rich and relevant programming for spouses and partners
Our conference is designed to support learning, networking, and reflecting.
- Inspiring plenary sessions focused on the unique value proposition of regional public institutions and how we tell the story of our collective impact, as well as trends impacting higher education, social justice and equity, updates from the Hill, and more
- Engaging workshops for participants to reflect, network, share promising practices and connect with thought leaders
- Networking and connecting opportunities during meals, receptions, committee meetings, and affinity group gatherings
2023 annual conference highlights:
Rating for relevance of topics and issues covered.
Rating for the quality of speakers.
Percent of attendees that felt more connected to their colleagues after attending.
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar
6000 Blvd. Río Mar, Rio Grande, 00745
Our 2024 Annual Meeting will be held at the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico.
Please check back in the summer for meeting hotel details and information on how to book your room at the preferred AASCU rate.
AASCU is committed to the health, safety and well-being of all attendees at our gatherings. We follow all local rules and CDC guidance and closely monitor conditions related to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies. Attendees at all AASCU events agree to adhere to the following health and safety protocols.
Before leaving home
- AASCU strongly encourages all participants to be fully vaccinated. The CDC Vaccines website provides definitions of “Fully Vaccinated” and “Up To Date”.
- Stay home if you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. We recommend attendees wear masks while traveling to and from the event and follow COVID-19 safety practices in the days leading up to the event.
- We strongly encourage attendees to take a rapid antigen COVID-19 test before traveling and before arriving to AASCU convenings.
Onsite during the event
- Masks are recommended and will be available at the registration desk.
- If you are experiencing cold or COVID-19 symptoms please be respectful and wear a mask.
- Self-administered COVID-19 rapid antigen tests will be available at the registration desk. We encourage participants test themselves upon arrival before joining the conference.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you feel unwell, develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 at any time during the convening, seek medical care and do not attend the meals or gatherings.
- If you test positive during the conference, please notify AASCU staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
AASCU reserves the right to modify these policies and procedures at any time given the rapidly changing nature of any current and ongoing public health emergencies.
All meetings and conferences sponsored by AASCU are inclusive and accessible to all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. Please request accessibility services when you register and contact us if you need auxiliary aids or services.
By participating in an AASCU conference, you are automatically authorizing AASCU to use your name, photograph, voice, or another likeness for purposes related to the mission of AASCU, including but not limited to publicity, marketing, websites, social media vehicles, and any other AASCU-related electronic forms or media for the promotion of AASCU and its various programs.
2024 Annual Meeting Partners
Complete the form below if you are interested in being a partner in our event.
Questions about the 2024 Annual Meeting? Let us know.
"*" indicates required fields