2024 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement MeetingLearn more.
Ensure that graduates are prepared to be the informed, engaged citizens our communities and democracies need.
Our 2024 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Meeting (CLDE24) will facilitate exchanges of knowledge and develop a sense of community around our shared civic learning and democratic engagement work. As a community we have adopted the CLDE Theory of Change and strive to create effective strategies and models that strengthen civic learning and democratic engagement.
Who should participate?
- Senior campus leaders
- Student affairs administrators
- Community partners
How will you benefit?
- Learn strategies to integrate equity, justice, diversity, inclusion and accessibility
- Connect with colleagues sharing best practices to incorporate experiential learning opportunities and enact pedagogical and programmatic strategies
- Hear from speakers focused on balancing voter engagement with broader civic engagement
- Discover ways to implement and assess institution-wide civic learning objectives
- Strengthen community and campus integration of civic engagement
- Connect with a community of students, faculty and campus leaders focused on democracy, social justice, belonging and equity minded leadership
This event convenes a diverse range of stakeholders on civic learning and democratic engagement.
Participants will have opportunities to network and develop their civic-minded thinking and practices through plenary sessions, site visits, concurrent sessions, posters, receptions, pre-conference workshops, and working meetings.
- Tuesday, June 4: Pre-conference workshops and Site Visits
- Wednesday, June 5: Opening Plenary, sessions, and reception all day
- Thursday, June 6: Sessions all day
- Friday, June 7: Morning sessions and Closing Plenary end by noon
CLDE 2023 by the numbers
Number of attendees who joined us for CLDE 2023.
Attendees who reported learning new information during the conference.
Attendees who felt the information presented during the conference would be immediately applicable to their campus and community work.
“CLDE allows me to expand my imagination when it comes to what civic engagement and democracy can look like on a college campus. It has helped me see that students can also contribute their time, passion, and experiences to help build and strengthen our communities.”
Pricing information will be available soon.
- January 8, 2024: Registration Opens
- March 29, 2024: Early Bird Registration Deadline
- May 13, 2024: Regular Registration Deadline
AASCU is committed to the health, safety and well-being of all attendees at our gatherings. We follow all local rules and CDC guidance and closely monitor conditions related to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies. Attendees at all AASCU events agree to adhere to the following health and safety protocols.
Before leaving home
- AASCU strongly encourages all participants to be fully vaccinated. The CDC Vaccines website provides definitions of “Fully Vaccinated” and “Up To Date”.
- Stay home if you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. We recommend attendees wear masks while traveling to and from the event and follow COVID-19 safety practices in the days leading up to the event.
- We strongly encourage attendees to take a rapid antigen COVID-19 test before traveling and before arriving to AASCU convenings.
Onsite during the event
- Masks are recommended and will be available at the registration desk.
- If you are experiencing cold or COVID-19 symptoms please be respectful and wear a mask.
- Self-administered COVID-19 rapid antigen tests will be available at the registration desk. We encourage participants test themselves upon arrival before joining the conference.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you feel unwell, develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 at any time during the convening, seek medical care and do not attend the meals or gatherings.
- If you test positive during the conference, please notify AASCU staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
AASCU reserves the right to modify these policies and procedures at any time given the rapidly changing nature of any current and ongoing public health emergencies.
All meetings and conferences sponsored by AASCU are inclusive and accessible to all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. Please request accessibility services when you register and contact us if you need auxiliary aids or services.
By participating in an AASCU conference, you are automatically authorizing AASCU and its employees and its Communications department to use your name, photograph, voice, or another likeness for purposes related to the mission of AASCU, including but not limited to publicity, marketing, websites, social media vehicles, and any other AASCU-related electronic forms or media for the promotion of AASCU and its various programs.
Registration opens on January 8, 2024.
Questions about CLDE? Let us know.
"*" indicates required fields